Turkey stew with vegetables2015-10-11
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:10 h
Turkey stew with vegetables for a Sunday meal that will indulge our hearts, along with a little wine.
- 2-3 fresh onions, very finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic , crushed
- ½ litre of water or broth
- 1 Cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ tablespoon tomato tomato paste
- 1 small pumpkin, cut into cubes
- 2 medium potatoes,cut into cubes
- 2 medium carrots, cut into cubes
- ½ Peppers Florinis, cut into cubes
- 500gr. Turkey tenderloin, cut in 4
- ¼ of spoonful of sweet chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- salt & pepper
- 2 ½ tbsp olive oil and extra for serving
- Basil chopped for serving
Heat the oil in a skillet ½ wide and saute the pieces of Turkey, to get color from all sides. Remove and keep aside.
Pour the remaining oil and saute the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes, stirring. Add the tomato paste, dissolved in broth or water and cherry tomatoes. Bring to a boil and add the vegetables.
After a while, Add all the spices, mix and akoympame over the pieces of Turkey. Close the lid and cook for 40-45 minutes, stirring gently occasionally.
Divide on plates, scatter Basil and if we want a little olive oil and serve hot food.