Chickpea and mushroom Curry2016-04-24
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
A simple dish of Indian cuisine at our table today. Chickpea and mushroom Curry that will delight lovers of spicy flavors and those who are fasting with us this week.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon Curry
- 1 teaspoon garam masala (Indian spice)
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 sliced onion
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 Cup of liquid from the chickpeas
- ½ pound mushrooms, white or brown mushrooms cut in 4
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt & pepper
- 1 heaped tablespoon tomato paste
- Parsley, finely chopped for serving (Optional)
Heat the oil in a wide pan and add the cumin, Curry and garam masala for ½ minute. Add the garlic and saute other 30 seconds.
Then add the onion and saute for 1 minute, until smooth. Add the chick peas and pepper.
Mix well and pour mushrooms, the Cayenne, the salt and pepper and pour the tomato paste dissolved in water of chickpeas(from the water you boiled or canned liquid).
We close with a lid and cook for 25-30 minutes to stay with their sauce. Serve immediately with white or flavored rice with chopped fresh parsley.